MALLARD CREEK OPTIMIST CLUB
SPRING 2017 GIRLS SOFTBALL REGISTRATION
REGISTRATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY Saturday February 25, 2017
1. In person sign ups are:
Saturday, February 4th: Ridge Road Middle School (10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
Saturday, February 11th: Cabarrus Charter Gym @ Camino Way 7557 Ruben Linker Rd. NW, Concord (9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.)
Saturday, February 18th: Academy Sports 8675 Concord Mills Blvd (10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.) Wednesday, February 22nd: Academy Sports 8675 Concord Mills Blvd (6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
2. Determine which division your child will play in and input on registration form at item #1. Make up and availability of Softball divisions are subject to PARTICIPATION. The MCOC softball programs follow NFHS and NMFL Fast-pitch rules.
MUST PLAY IN DIVISION STRICTLY BASED ON AGE 2017 eligibility runs from 1/1/17 – 12/31/17 – division based on age as of January 1, 2017
AGE as of 1/1/2017
- 8UCP Coach Pitch 7-8 years old (yr 2009) $175
- 10UFP Fast Pitch 9-10 years old (yr 2007) $175
AGE as of 1/1/2017
- 12UFP Fast Pitch 11-12 years old yr 2005 $175
- 16UFP Fast Pitch 13-16 years old yr 2003 $175
$5.00 per child discount for those registering more than one sibling
3. Important Dates
TBD TBD Softball Mandatory Coaches Meeting (location to be determined)
SAT Mar-04 Players Skills Day (see below) Rained out then commissioner TBD
MON Mar-06 Practices can begin
Mon Apr-01 Season to Begin
SAT May-30 – Jun-03 End of Season Tournament *** Note that June 5th – June 10th will be used as backup for Playoff Rainouts
4. Skills Day Schedule: All are scheduled for MC Park field 2
8U Coach/Fast Pitch Mar-04 9:00 AM MC2
10U Fast Pitch Mar-04 10:00 AM MC2
12U Fast Pitch Mar-04 11:00 AM MC2
16U Fast Pitch Mar-04 12:00 PM MC2
5. 2017 Extras: Available for pre-order only ** No Late Orders Will be Accepted **
- Team t-shirts for $12.00
- Team hooded sweatshirts for $22.00
- Team Hat for $15.00
6. Game Days and Times: We attempt to have the schedule spread evenly thru the season, but limits to field availability often limit the league.
- Games may be played on any weekday evening or any time on Saturday.
- Teams may play on multiple weekdays in a week & may play 2 on Saturday.
- Teams may play on weekdays and Saturday in same week
- 8U and 10U weekday evening games will start at 6:30 p.m.
- 12U weekday evening games may start at 6:30 or 8:00 p.m.
- 16U weekday evening games will start at 8:00 p.m.
7. We are always in need of quality coaches. Coaches must join MCOC to take advantages of the many benefits of being an Optimist Club Member within our club, the district and Optimist International. Coaches are also covered by our liability insurance policy and membership is a requirement to coach. Annual dues is $85 for families or $60 for individuals. Background checks are performed and MCOC reserves the right to withhold coaching privileges based on these results or any other criteria deemed pertinent. Visit our website for additional information.
8. Concession Stand Opt-out Plan for 2017 Season: Many of you have busy schedules and do not have the time or energy to volunteer for the concession stand each year for each child. MCOC has created this opt-out plan so your name will be added to the “Requirement Fulfilled List”. The team parent or coach will not ask you to volunteer for the stand. Cost of this Opt-out plan is $50 to be paid at registration time.
9. The Mallard Creek Optimist Club (MCOC) provides a safe haven for children and complies with all federal, state and local laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to the protection of children. MCOC is required to and shall report to the appropriate authorities any suspected cases of child abuse, neglect or abandonment consistent with state and federal law.